Sunday, 18 March 2012

A Quick Hello & A Winner

Wow I’m not really quite sure how I have made it through this past week, we have had a 5 day sickness bug in the house…without going into detail as one of us stopped another started with it….it has been bloody awful, I haven’t eaten since Wednesday :0(, plus to top it all I now have an awful cold….anyway…things can only get better now!

Consequently nothing has been achieved this week apart from a small amount of stitching on my Friday evening SAL with Michelle, here is my progress on this

467721_10150602812257167_667832166_9390559_1497410122_o

A noisy start to Mother’s Day today, we were awoken by both smoke alarms going off at around 7am, a panicky half asleep run-around…..no smoke…no fire….so a phone call to emergency repairs…yes on a Sunday morning at 7am….didn’t they just love me….anyway after 2 hours of high pitched shrill…an electrician arrived and in precisely 5 minutes saved my sanity by replacing both of them…lol…so after all the early morning excitement we had a quiet day at home…the kids did get me this though (with a little help from Grandma)

469945_10150602216332167_667832166_9386976_463710966_o

I did my 400th post giveaway drawing last night……Martha picked a name from the basket…

479191_10150602816087167_667832166_9390587_1669543867_o

and the winner is………..

478848_10150602820467167_667832166_9390623_1817660033_o

well done Fiona, I will be emailing you shortly….!

Oh and finally I received my mark back from my last assignment…I received my highest mark so far…10 marks better than my last one so I was thrilled…!

Well I have ordered a takeaway…my first real food….so better go and enjoy it!

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

13 comments:

Nic said...

Hope you're all feeling better soon x

Michelle said...

Oh Elisa sorry you haven't been well. There is a lot of it about at the moment. Take care of you xx

staci said...

Sorry that you've all been sick...hope everyone is feeling better now!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Hope you all feel better soon.

The fire alarms can't have been much fun at that time of the morning.

Your WIP looks lovely and your present from the children is very sweet.

Congratulations on your high mark.

Happy stitching.

Christina said...

Oh dear - poor you. We had the sickness bug in this household last week. Luckily it only lasted 24 hours...still not pleasant though! Glad you're on the mend now.
The heart you got from the kiddies is lovely - they have impeccable taste (as does your mum!)
Congratulations on the high score - Clever Clogs! ;0) You should be very proud, all of your hard work is paying off.

Solstitches said...

Congrats. to Fiona on winning your giveaway and congrats to you on your high marks in your course work.
I hope you are all recovered and feeling better.
Lovely work on the BD SAL piece.
Margaret

Fiona said...

Hope you feel better soon Elisa, I have emailed you back, thanks again for hosting such a sweet giveaway :) xx

Catherine said...

Yuck on the illness and the smoke alarms! Cute stitches and congrats on the scores you received! Congrats to Fiona as well!

Gracie said...

Healthy wishes being sent your way...and congratulations on the good grades.

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on your assignment score. Hope you feel better soon.

Christine said...

Sorry you've not been well, hope evryone is better now.
Congratulations to Fiona

Julie said...

Beautiful mothers:day gift. I hope you are all fully recovered.

Sally said...

I hope you are feeling much now Elisa.

Your SAL with Michelle is beautiful.

Love your card and gift from your Isaac and Martha.

Congratulations on your highest mark :)