Monday, 26 March 2012

SAL Finish

I managed to finish my Friday evening SAL with Michelle and loved every single stitch..

414334_10150617488022167_667832166_9442782_648206831_o

I had already bought the frame, I found it in a charity shop a while ago and I thought the colour was perfect…I need to attach a hanger on the back so I can hang it on my sampler wall…as it only has a stand.

416324_10150617489512167_667832166_9442785_1960375172_o

Blackbird Designs – Ann’s Sewing Tray from A Schoolgirl’s Work Book

32 count Belfast Linen – Tea dyed by me

Recommended GAST and Crescent Colour threads

I personalised the sampler by adding my own initials and amending the year to 2012.

It is my friend’s birthday this weekend and she is having a party on Saturday evening with karaoke and disco…woohoo!! We have all clubbed together to get her a load of vouchers as a present, but I wanted to make her something small, she has just recently got into sewing and her husband has bought her a sewing machine and she treated herself to a Cath Kidston sewing box so I decided to make these for her…a felt pin pillow and needlecase (not a good photo due to the sun and shadows!)

469541_10150617477747167_667832166_9442740_833467584_o

I am finally getting rid of my cold, so feeling much better…thank goodness!

Thanks for stopping by today

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

15 comments:

Ali said...

Love your stitchy finish - gorgeous. Bet your friend loves her gift xx

Solstitches said...

I love your beautiful Blackbird Designs finish. It looks wonderful in the frame you found for it.
Lovely gifts you made for your friend
Margaret

Mouse said...

love your sewing tray finish ... the frame is perfect for it too and what a lovely gift for your friend too :) love mouse xxx
ps glad you are feeling better :)

Bekca said...

What a gorgeous idea for a gift, your friend will love them :)
Congrats on the beautiful finish! I love picking up frames in the charity shops, so handy.
Best wishes.

Christina said...

What a great find from the charity shop - your BBD SAL looks fab in it.
Have a great night out on Saturday. I'm sure your friend will love the gifts that you've made for her.
Glad to hear that you've finally got rid of your cold. I bet this sunny spell helped make you feel better too!

Angela said...

Great finish! I think the frame is perfect too :)
Lovely gift for your friend, hope you have a great time.
So glad to hear you are feeling better too!
Have a great week :)

diamondc said...

Beautiful finishes.
Catherine

Faye said...

What a perfect verse...Sewing DOES mend the soul...And, your frame couln't have been more perfect~~ Nice job, Faye

Deb said...

Your stitching is just wonderful. I don't think I've seen this design before but I love it.

And your gifts for your friend are wonderful. I know that she is going to love them.

Michelle said...

Oh Elisa well done on your finish. Its stunning - the frame suits it really well. I have really enjoyed SAL with you. Maybe we could do it again later in the year. Stunning gifts for your friend xx

Thoeria said...

What a great finish! Looks super with the frame. Lovely gift for your friend. The colours are just beautiful :)

Catherine said...

So glad you are feeling better! Love your finish and the sweet gifts for your friend!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your SAL finish is beautiful, the frame goes so well.

I love what you've made for your friend - I hope you enjoy the party!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful stitching as always Elisa

Sally said...

A beautiful finish Elisa. So pretty.

Love what you made for your friend.

So glad you are feeling better now.

I see you've got Sew Lavender on your 2012 stitching list. Do you fancy a SAL later in the year?