Friday, 7 December 2012

Quick Round Up…and Result!!

A busy week here as always……firstly I wanted to share that I received my results back for my second degree module the one with the exam which I sat in October….I received 74% I was delighted and have passed my first two modules and my first year at University….I was cock-a-hoop!! I also have decided to change my degree path, I am now looking to specialise in Religious Studies which is the subject area I have enjoyed the most in the past year and also received the highest marks in assignments for too….I will complete the Classical Studies module I am currently studying and then change the modules I was currently planning to do.

As way of a celebration and after feeling so down the past month or so I decided to have my hair re-styled…I have had 6 inches cut off and the back as an inverted bob and a fringe which I last sported in my twenties…lol…here is the straightened version which the hairdresser did…..

201158_10151132294392167_1787002741_o

and the naturally curly…very red (after just dying it) version by me….

IMAG1319

It has certainly cheered me up and made me feel much better about myself….

It has been very cold here this week with frosty mornings and even a flutter of snow….the perfect weather for food like this….Root Vegetable Broth!

IMAG1315

Today has been extremely cold and windy but not a cloud to be seen in the sky…so I hung out my washing on the line for a good old blow!!

IMAG1310

Mum passed three more antique china plates along to me last week….my shelves are filling well…

IMAG1314

and I put one of my decorated pots to good use with a lovely potted hyacinth….I will picture when it flowers too….a pretty blue I hope!

IMAG1317

I also finished a stitching piece this week…albeit a small one this has been in my basket three quarters done for months…I love it’s pretty colours…I am going to make it into a hanging heart…I have a thing for hanging hearts my house is covered them…

286670_10151132315882167_1550082111_o

I have also been crocheting too…I made this little rose and have made 9 ear warmers for friends and their daughters and my mum and I….super cosy on chilly ears!

704093_10151132314662167_1127600784_o705958_10151132313717167_1766165409_o

and finally……I have almost finished the throw for little Miss…just the edging and weaving in to do….my first crocheted blanket almost completed!

315767_10151133863662167_784583695_n

The kiddiewinks and I went into the city centre last night to see the Christmas Fayre and lights…unfortunately the weather turned wet and we had to rain it off early…but we had a lovely wander around the stalls and gift shops and a pizza dinner…it was fun!

221539_10151132724662167_1149658289_o336057_10151132725367167_2086141455_o704575_10151132724987167_1651371235_o 

Well folks I better get off the PC and do some study….the building of the Parthenon this week!

Have a great weekend

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

12 comments:

Julie said...

Your new hairstyle looks lovely. Well done on the results.

Jules said...

Congrats on making it through your first year at University! Religious Studies should prove to be very enlightening (forgive the pun). I really enjoyed the Religious Studies classes I took while in University.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays!

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on the results. Your hair looks gorgeous. Lovely crafting and great pictures of the kiddiwinks.

Michelle said...

Elisa your hairstyle really suits you - looks stunning. Congratulations on your results also. Love all your photos xx

Solstitches said...

Congratulations Elisa. What a wonderful achievement especially as you are having to juggle home and family along with the studies.
Your new hairstyle looks great.
Lovely stitching and crochet projects.

Margaret

Nicola said...

I have enjoyed your post, where to start ......

Well done on your exam results, how are you planning to use your degree?

I love the hairstyle, iI too have an inverted bob.

Love all the photos and your needlework.

Chris said...

Congrats on finishing your first year!
I love the new haircut.
Great projects too and all the lovely seasonal pics.
Less than a month until the John Connolly book is realeased here. Yahoo!

Barb said...

Very well done Elisa, hope you enjoy your religous studies. love you plate shelf and those hyacinths will smell beautiful.]The crochet is wonderful love the rose, the children are growing so fast. Love the haircut.
Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas.

Sally said...

Congratulations on your results Elisa.

Love your new hairstyle. It suits you.

Your finish is really pretty and the crochet bits.

stitchersanon said...

Congrats on your results. The hair looks amazing...I hope you get a little more stitching time now xx

Catherine said...

Congrats on finishing your year!! It must feel s good.
Your new cut looks wonderful!
Loved seeing all your goodies.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congrats on the first year of uni and deciding the direction you want to take next.

Love how versatile the new hairdo is, it looks great both straight and curly.

Cute little heart too.