Saturday, 28 September 2013

Back on the Hamster Wheel

Wow here I am almost 2 months since I last blogged and ashamed to say read any blogs too…the time has just flown by…we had a hectic summer but enjoyable, we were very lucky with the weather this year we actually had a summer in the UK…and even today it is bright and sunny and pleasantly warm in the sunshine…the line has been full of drying laundry….don’t you just love the aroma of freshly dried laundry…mmmm.

Summer was spent at the beach and park we actually got our first ever family holiday since Martha was born…and she is almost 5…the weather was glorious which is always a bonus when you holiday in the UK….rainy holidays are costly…

 1084942_10151522939142167_278964211_o 1093836_10151524924757167_324260248_o 1094576_10151524925092167_213496617_o    1102699_10151522937462167_717650455_o 1146876_10151521609972167_139591734_o 1149334_10151522937602167_1683667426_o 1149509_10151522938032167_602637537_o 

as you can see the kiddiewinks certainly had fun…it was a nice break for me too…

Decorating also took place over the summer….not my greatest idea in the heat but it had to be done…we had a few BBQs..trips to the parks and walks by the river to break up the chores…

I wanted to make this summer about the kids as this happened at beginning of September…

1060613_10151597648337167_840791751_o

yes that little bump and bundle I blogged about 5 years ago….started school…I have empty nest during the days…she has settled in so well and loves school…

1372107_10151597647932167_1968298804_o

Young man started his penultimate year at primary school, next year the decision of secondary schools will begin…

and on the subject of school….I made a big decision before the summer….

1375479_10151604200407167_194399723_o 

back to school again for me….as well as looking for a new job…well I need to fill my days don’t I….

and long with study comes tutorials and with that comes lots of books…so one of these is needed…

1102475_10151501508087167_223061416_o 

and along with copious amounts of study is copious amounts of tea…therefore this was required…

1354143_10151597648762167_217621917_o

and because I get a 10% student discount at Cath’s…I thought why not…

1370846_10151597647137167_1297961871_o

something pretty for my porridge and lunch!!

Catch you soon…

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

7 comments:

Gracie said...

Welcome back to blogging! The kids certainly look happy...glad you all had a wonderful summer. good for you taking classes....

Bekca said...

I've got the mushroom cup and saucer too! And one of the carryall bags in berry red :P You know I'm a Cath girl at heart too :)
It sounds like you had a wonderful summer, so pleased Martha has started well at school.
I've only just started back too and I'm already getting through copious amounts of tea!
Best wishes.

Melissa said...

Welcome back Elisa! We missed you! Looks like you had a wonderful summer. Good luck to you and your little ones on the new school year.

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness Elisa I cannot believe that little baby I came to see in hospital has started school! Where does time go eh! Love your CK things beautiful. Lovely to hear you all had a nice summer xx

Heather said...

It sounds like you had a lovely summer. I'm glad you are back to blogging, and also going back to school yourself. Yay for you!

Best of luck to you and your children. ;)

Andrea said...

Sounds like you have had a very enjoyable summer. Welcome back!

Sally said...

Lovely to see you back blogging Elisa. I can't believe Martha has started school. How on earth did that happen lol!

Glad you had a lovely summer and good luck for your studies.