Sunday, 12 January 2014

YooHoo……

Hello folks, by ‘eck it’s been a bit fresh here the weekend, but it’s now chucking it down like stair rods….let’s hope it stops by the morning, I  hate having soggy trouser bottoms when I get to work.

Well a few happenings here…first one is that I made the decision to defer my studies for a few years, i was a mad crazy lady to think I could manage working 18 hours, study 28 hours alongside caring for 2 kiddiewinks, managing my diabetes and keeping house….I have 16 years to complete my degree and my credits from my completed modules stand until then, which is fantastic…..I feel really relieved now, my stress levels have already dropped I’m going to enjoy my family time.

I treated myself to this lovely cheery bunch of mixed flowers….in my lovely flower jug which was my birthday gift from my grandparents…

DSC_0009

I have felt the need for a little extra warmth these past few evenings, so i dug out one of the old hot water bottles….it was looking very sad and naked….but now look…..it’s all snuggly now…

DSC_0007

I remembered I hadn’t showed you my stitched Christmas gifts I sent out….

For Michelle….

IMG_188474319132084

For Kath…

IMG_188458861228753

For Melanie…

IMG_188466653457085

Now I have a little more free time I hope to blog a little more often….until next time

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

12 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely ornaments for your friends.

diamondc said...

Sometimes we do take on tomuch at once, I have done that myself hate burnout.
Love the water bottle cozy, your ornaments are sweet.
Love the finishes.

Catherine

Mouse said...

love the hot water bottle ... nice gifts you made too ... and sorry to hear you had over done it with everything but glad you can go back to it any time :) love mouse xxxx

Thoeria said...

What a lovely cheery bunch of flowers indeed! And pretty gifts sent out too :) I so wish I could crochet! I think you've adopted the right attitude with the studies....why stress yourself out like that! One step a ta time!

Stitching Kath said...

I love my ornament thanks so much

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely gifts sent. Your hot water bottle cover is great. Gorgeous flowers. I am sure you have made the right decision for yourself.

Michelle said...

So pleased to hear you are taking more 'me' time Elisa. I think sometimes we don't realize how much we have taken on. I am pleased for you. Your flowers are lovely and thank you again for your lovely ornament xx

Bekca said...

I'm sure your decision will mean happiness in the long term :) Lovely ornaments, and your hot water bottle looks very snuggly :)
Best wishes.

Andrea said...

Have sent you an email Elisa.

Love the hot water bottle cover and some beautiful ornaments.

At least in a few years your children will be that much older so you should be able to cope with your extra studies a lot better. It's no fun struggling and stressing over it.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D

Catherine said...

Sounds like you have made a good decision for yourself! Lovely finishes ~ I am sure the ladies had smiles when they received them!

Shebafudge said...

As someone who works full time, with 2 kids (one with diabetes), a husband and 2 cats and is finishing a level 3 with the OU - I really don't blame you for deferring!! It's hard work! Still come June this year, I will have finished my degree :D