Monday, 8 September 2008

Autumnal Finish

Here are a few pictures of my latest finish, it is for the Autumn Exchange on the X-Stitch Monthly Group, it is now on it's way to Gaynor in Ireland, I know that she does not read my blog so I am safe to pop the pictures up for you to see.
The design is a SanMan Originals Freebie called Autumn Spendor, it is stitched on 28c Annabelle in cream and stitched with the recommended Six Strand Sweet threads in Green Tea Ice-Cream, Spiced Orange Cider, Toffee, Sandy's Autumn Splendor & Spice Drop.
I backed the design with some pretty checked fabric in greens and oranges which I purchased from the little stitching shop in Gavray, France back in May, when on my stitching weekend and edged it with orange and green satin ribbon and gold and green pearl topped pins. I do hope Gaynor enjoys the pinkeep as much as I did stitching and finishing it for her.

I have managed to stick quite well to my rotation this past week, I did start doing some of my Papillion Sampler but I was so tired I only managed to complete a few flowers and I was away at Dave's on Saturday night so did not manage to get any stitching in then. I have been very tired this past week though, I think it was to do with getting back into the routine of getting up early for school and doing lots of housework as being honest I hadn't done hardly anything during the holidays, but I managed to crack on and get everything up to date, so now all I need to do is a little each day to keep on top of it.

I am about 2/3 through the stitching on the Stitch & Stash Monthly Challenge, I hopefully should complete that and finish it this week, then onto another small exchange peice.

I am excited as I have joined the Needleprint Beatrix Potter Quaker SAL Blog, I have been looking to start a traditional sampler for the past couple of years and when I saw this on Julie's blog, I went all giddy as it is just "up my street", so I contacted Hazel who has set up the blog and she has very kindly allowed me to join, I have emailed Jacqueline to purchase the chart, so finger's crossed I will receive an email back. I have an idea on the colours I will use for this, but I will keep that under wraps until I have made a firm decision.

Well enough of my waffles, time to carry on with some stitching before collecting the little master from school. Wishing everyone a great week.

Hugs & Happy Stitching


12 comments:

Sally said...

Very pretty finish Elisa. Love the backing fabric you've used.

So pleased to hear you're joining the BP SAL. I'm really looking forward to the SAL.

staci said...

Wonderful finish, I love it!

Karan said...

Love the finish Elisa - lucky recipient! :0)
Don't plan on joining in the Quaker SAL but I've bookmarked the site so I can watch everyone's progress. :0)

Christine said...

Lovely finish Elisa.
Good luck with the Quaker SAL

Julie said...

Nice autumnal finish. Roll on January and the start of the SAL ....

Mylene said...

I LOVE your Autumn finish. It's beautiful. Ít's a freebie of San Man but I haven't seen it at her group or was that given a long while?

Clare-Aimetu said...

That's a beautiful autumnal piece Elisa, I love the backing fabric.

Mary said...

A lovely finish! Nice fabric choice. I'm ready for fall!

Christina said...

Very nice finish.

Sandy said...

I read about the Beatrix Potter SAL and I checked it out and joined it myself.

Michelle said...

One day Elisa - I hope to be the recipient of one of your lovely stitched gifts.

Lovely work - Love Michelle xx

Stitcher said...

This is a lovely finish, and you finishing fabric is a perfect match.