It was a lovely weekend, Shaun came here Friday night and then we drove to Nottingham Saturday morning. I met his daughter for the first time and we spent the afternoon in the city. We went to an all you can eat Chinese buffet, which was yummy, I didn’t go too mad and only had one visit the the Chocolate fountain, but I have to admit I did have gateaux, ice cream, hot chocolate from the fountain and marshmallows in one bowl…lol!!
Here is a picture of me in the restaurant, I do have pictures of us all, but I don’t have the permission to put them on my blog, so you must be patient and wait a little longer for those.
On Saturday night, we went OUT, yes I went out dressed up on a Saturday night, not often seen, but it does happen rarely, we went for a meal at Chiquito’s and it was delicious, stuffed jalapeno’s to start, spicy chicken chimichangas for main (tortillas stuffed with Mexican rice, chicken, jalapenos & Monterey jack then deep friend and yes I did have a dessert (2 in one day) baked New York cheesecake with berries and cream and…wait for it I had a cocktail and here is the proof…a Sea Breeze, I must admit I felt rather tiddly after it as I don’t drink especially after having diabetes throughout my pregnancy.
It was so lovely not to have to get up early on Sunday morning, I still woke up early, my internal body clock doesn't allow me to sleep past 7am. We had a lovely breakfast and then headed over to Grantham to Shaun’s sister’s where we stayed for a couple of hours, I met her and her partner and 2 daughters, one 10 years old and the other 6 weeks old, I did have a cuddle too :0). I then went to meet Shaun’s parents, who are lovely, they made me feel so welcome…so now that all the family meets are doe that is the serious bit over with…lol!
We stopped for a carvery lunch on the way back to York and then spend an hour or so with my parents before collecting the kiddies and all their paraphernalia and heading home.
I have been busy stitching lots of little pieces which I cannot reveal as yet, 3 PIF pieces, which are almost made up, just one more to finish, 2 other pinkeeps to make up too, one for my mum and one for me to keep. I am also stitching my Christmas Ornament for the Stitch & Stash Monthly SAL, which I should complete tomorrow all being well. I haven’t managed to stitch too much of the Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler this Month, I may manage to complete one motif this month.
We had pancakes tonight with lemon & sugar, so yummy, why do we not have them more often they are so simple and delicious. Ash Wednesday tomorrow so I will be at Mass first thing, I am giving up chocolate & chocolate products for Lent as always, one of my most favourite things, I couldn’t give up stitching so choccie it is.
Wow I have waffled tonight, sorry if you have nodded off half way through this post…lol
Thank you to everyone who continues to read my ramblings and leave me love;y comments, i truly appreciate them all.
Hugs & Stitches
Elisa x
9 comments:
You left me feeling hungry. It all sounded so good! I am really glad you had a good time!
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend~~ Good for you!!!!
Wow, you had a wonderful and delicious weekend! Made me hungry too. :)
Sounds like a lovely weekend. Was the Chinese Mr Mann's? I used to love going there
What a wonderful weekend - you certainly deserve it. Great pictures, you look so happy :)
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.
that is a great weekend!!!
Yummy!!! making me feel hungry, sounds like a great weekend.
Sounds like you had a fabulous time. :0)
Post a Comment