Well that is what I have been this weekend….do you hear complaining?…no…it’s been just me and my stuff since Saturday morning, the kids have spent the weekend at their Dad’s and are due back at 11am today, yes I miss them, but I know they are fine and having fun and it gives me some time to just kick back and relax! I spend Saturday catching up on household chores, washing, ironing, housework etc., it didn't take half the time it usually does, probably as I didn’t have two little kiddiewinkles chasing around after me!
I spent some time stitching…of course…would be a crime not to don’t you think…I spend Saturday afternoon watching Columbo and making my little Sampler Girl finish into a hanging pillow to pop over the bedknob on my bed…
Saturday and Sunday evening I made a start on my next TSG SAL piece, which I couldn’t stitch on last Wednesday as I was in the hospital…it’s stitching up a lot faster than I thought it would, so I better start deciding on my next one….at least it gives me an excuse to but some stash…excuse the creases…I didn’t press it before photographing it! I like the colours on this one…
I have been in touch with Isaac’s head teacher, who is now aware of the situation with Isaac’s foot and lack of mobility at the moment, the main problem is Isaac is getting around with a frame and he can only go up and downstairs on his bottom…and he also needs to elevate his foot as often as he can to aid the healing and to stop swelling. His new classroom is up 2 flights of stairs, but the toilet facilities are downstairs…(he also needs help to visit the toilet) which obviously makes it slightly tricky. Therefore, he will probably start school a few days later than his fellow classmates and then when he does will only go into school for a few hours on a morning and I will home school him the rest of the time until he is mobile enough to go up and downstairs himself. His Dad’s girlfriend’s son has a wheelchair and shower seat which they are kindly lending us so we can get around, as with no transport we would have been stranded in the house. I have some good friends who live close by too who can aid with the getting out and about as I have Martha in a buggy and Isaac in a wheelchair and only one pair of hands, so they are lending the other pair of pushing hands!
A lovely bright and sunny albeit breezy day here, but I have washing to do (when the kids return) so that should dry nicely. Just awaiting my grocery delivery…thank goodness for that too…a supermarket visit would be nigh on impossible too at the moment!
Hope you all have a great Bank Holiday Monday!
Hugs & Stitches
9 comments:
I hope Isaac heal quickly...
Oh my goodness Elisa. I am just catching up but what on earth is wrong with Isaac??? Poor wee man. I hope he gets batter quickly. I can't imagine how difficult things must be for you. I would have sacked the housework and stayed in bed with my stitching. Much love and of course the stitching is wonderful. I love the bed hanger. xx
You've been having such a busy time of late Elisa, I'm glad you got a couple of days to enjoy the hobbies you love. The pillow looks fab and I hope Isaac heals nice and quickly! Best wishes.
Love how you've finished your TSG freebie and lovely stitching on Little Bird's Tea.
I hope Isaac heals quickly.
Your little pillow turned out real cute.
Glad you got a couple of days to yourself.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches
Your pillow turned out lovely. Hope Isaac is on the mend. Glad you enjoyed your time.
I adore how you made the TSG freebie up and Little Birds Tea is adorable.
Glad you managed to get some 'me' time. Yes we miss them don't we when they are not there but isn't it wonderful to have some peace and quiet! Hope Issac is soon on the mend xx
Love the pillow finish Elisa and of course your new start. Glad you made the most of your alone time, sounds as if your hands will be full when the little ones arrive home. Hope it won't be too long till Issac is joing his sister running around again.
Love the pillow finish and your new start! Glad you have some good friends willing to give you a helping hand!
Post a Comment