Monday, 5 September 2011

Back and Forth…

That’s what I will be doing to school the next few days, little soldier has gone back this morning, just for half days…my the time I’ve got to school and back it’s time to turn around and go and collect him…lol…it’s even slower as little miss is walking dawdling….so it takes twice as long! But he was happy to be back today…and so was I, his teacher is sending the afternoon work home with him so he can do that later with me…last thing I want is him falling behind with his schoolwork. I have managed to do the polishing, vacuuming & mopping downstairs, make the beds and the washing…in the past 90 minutes…so good going I think!

On to stitching…..firstly my iStitch mystery SAL piece, which I re-started as the 40c linen I was using didn’t have an “even weave” so it looked distorted…very tall and narrow….not square as it should do. I am now using 32c Murano Vanilla, with GAST “Rhubarb” and stitching 1 over 1, it’s tiny but I love it….

I have tried in vain to upload the special unclickable picture which Carol sent to me…but with no success…but you can see all the SAL pieces over at Carol’s blog…here

I finished my next TSG SAL piece, it was a really quick stitch and only took 3 evenings…

SDC12237

The Sampler Girl “A Little Bird’s Tea”

Sugar Maple Hand dyed linen (unsure of the count)

GAST & DMC threads

I am finishing this as a bedpost hanging pillow, I post a picture once completed….talking of completing…I have about 10 finished pieces to frame, make up into cushions, hangings etc., so hopefully I will be able to have a making up day very soon.

My next SAL peice for the TSG SAL is…

SDC12239

I will make a start on Wednesday evening…so will be able to post progress soon….

I have completed an exchange piece too, but cannot share this with you…tonight is Lizzie*Kate SAL night so some more work on 12 Blessings will be done.

A wonderful spell is floating in from the kitchen of a roasting chicken crown with a garlic and rosemary marinade…mmmm will be having that for dinner this evening with all the trimmings, roasties, veggies, gravy and Yorkshire Puddings of course!

I made a good start on some studies over the weekend, the module doesn’t officially start until 1st October, but I’m trying to get ahead with some reading, I read the chapter on Cleopatra which is part of my first assignment, made some notes and watched the DVD material too, along with the 1963 Elizabeth Taylor epic! I try to do at least 30 minutes to and hour of reading each evening…

Have a great week!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

6 comments:

Stitchabilities said...

I look forward to seeing your mystery sal, I have loved what everyone is doing atm

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely finish. I look forward to seeing your new start. I hope Issaac gets on okay at school. Look forward to seeing all your finishes once you have them done.

Bekca said...

Great finish, and you've chosen a lovely new project too, can't wait to see it grow. You really are super mum! I hope life gets a bit more normal for Isaac soon. Happy stitching and best wishes.

Michelle said...

Lovely stitching ELisa. Hope Issac gets on ok. It won't be long before Martha starts school the way time flies. Good luck on your studying xx

Julie said...

The mystery SAL looks great, what i have seen on other blogs, looking forward to seeing yours.

Hope all goes well at school fo rIsaac, the life of a mum is never dull

Keep smiling!!

Angie said...

can't wait to see some finished pieces. I so love looking at how others finish.