Saturday, 21 January 2012

Dishcloths, Teacups and Churches!

I have been busy knitting up some dishcloths this past week, these ones are knitted with some Debbie Bliss cotton I had in my yarn box…
321876_10150486500827167_667832166_9030077_745520856_o324803_10150486502642167_667832166_9030082_1016726115_o326040_10150486499702167_667832166_9030074_1671731774_o
I treated myself to these this week…..scrummy colours almost good enough to eat :0)!
329721_10150485900997167_667832166_9028635_826907804_o
and also this….but it is not for drinking my tea out of, I am going to make a teacup pincushion, I have found the rose design, so I will kit that up later today…
331166_10150485906687167_667832166_9028655_356828482_o
A new stitchy start was made this week…CCN “Sheep in the Meadow”
333601_10150486508637167_667832166_9030119_1368266471_o
I spent Thursday sitting in a coffee shop reading my study text books and visiting a medieval church…the church The Holy Trinity, has been on the site since the 11th Century, but the building you see dates from 15th Century, it’s so beautiful and quiet inside…if you want to find out more read here or the Churches Conservation Trust has information too.
321807_10150484346787167_667832166_9024516_1186909349_o323750_10150484346097167_667832166_9024515_1620637536_o329868_10150484343147167_667832166_9024510_762702273_o340196_10150484349872167_667832166_9024520_117997108_o
Not much more to show, I have some studying on Dmitri Shostakovich the Russian Composer to do this afternoon, an afternoon spent listening to music….I am working on my next assignment which is a big one so I may not be around for a few weeks. I received my score for my last assignment and got 21 marks above the pass mark, so it’s going in the right direction…up…up…up!
I hope to have time to do some stitching later too…enjoy your weekend and thanks to all my readers, commenters and followers!
Hugs & Stitches
81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

15 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Great start on the CCN stitchery and I love the medieval church. Good luck with your big assignment.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Catherine said...

Sounds like an overall goo day! Love those dish cloths and great stitching starts. I just love old churches and that one is so beautiful!! Good luck with your next assignment a d congrats on your last score!!

Gracie said...

Wonderful that you re doing well with your studies. Continued success. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Sally said...

Love those dishcloths Elisa. Lovely start on In the Meadow. Can't wait to see your teacup all done. What a lovely idea.

Lovely photos of the church. I'm glad that your studies are going well.

Michelle said...

I am so pleased you are doing well and enjoying your studies. Lovely photos of the church - I love looking at churches so much history. Lovely new start x

Barb said...

Oh wow Ilove that teacup Elisa. Good luck on the next assignment how on earth you fit everything in amazes me.
The church is lovely , what is it about old churches they have peace inbuilt I think.

CalamityJr said...

What a beautiful church. And listening to Shostakovich for your assignment? Lucky you!

Mouse said...

oooo nice colours on the yarn ... love the new start and wow that church is gorgeous ... hope you get on with your study ok and well done on your marks too :) love mouse xxxx

Julie said...

Lovely new wool, the dishcloths are wonderful.
Nice church, interesting reading.

Christina said...

Love your post title! :0)

The wool is indeed very yummy - I'm looking forward to seeing what you knit with it.

I too enjoy being in old churches. I'm not particularly religious, but new, modern churches just don't do it for me. If only the walls of that church could talk...imagine the stories.

staci said...

Handknitted dishcloths are the best, hands down! You can never have too many!!! I just bought some sugar 'n creme yarn this week too (it was on sale for $1, can't pass that up!)

That church is magnificent!!!

Bekca said...

I'd love to know where you got your teacup from Elisa. I've been looking for one for myself, to drink out of though :) I can't wait to see yours transformed into a pin cushion.
I'm looking forward to seeing your CCN design grow and congratulations on your assignment mark! It's so nice when hard work pays of. Best wishes.

Mindi said...

Congratulations on the great score for your last assignment!

Love the pictures of the church in York, that was my favorite town to visit when I lived in England. So much history.

Very cute start on the CCN piece, and I'm really curious to see the teacup pincushion you make.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching and such yummy yarn.

Solstitches said...

What a lovely new stash of dishcloth cottons. I love to knit or crochet a dishcloth now and then for a small project finish.
The church is beautiful. York is my all time favourite city.
We had our honeymoon there and would do the Christmas shopping there every year before we came to Spain.
Good luck with your studies. You are an inspiration - wife, mum, stitcher and student :)
Margaret