Saturday, 7 July 2012

Soggy…Soggy…Soggy!

That is what this past week has been about…soggy feet, soggy grass, wet clothes…..the rain just hasn’t subsided…..until today…it is sunny so far today, so the washing is on the line…not blowing as it is still and humid but at least it’s not hung around the house in the vain hope it will dry!

I have a little finish to show you…I am trying to complete all my little UFO’s, before I start anything else…

IMAG0959

Shepherd’s Bush – Be Happy

Fabric: 28c Jayne’s Attic Hand dyed linen – Aster

Threads: DMC

Started: 27-2-12 – Completed: 24-6-12

I’ve also managed a little progress on my other Shepherd's Bush UFO ‘Sophie’s Roses’, I’m using my own choice of threads on this, Carries Creations!

IMAG0960

I’ve made a start on my July Christmas Ornament too…and my Private Exchange piece for Jo…I’ve also done a little of my crochet throw…it’s growing slowly!!

I spent an enjoyable day in school last Saturday, handling real artefacts which had been loaned to us by York Archaeological Trust, real Roman concrete and Viking spindle whurls and flint arrowheads…fantastic! We had enjoyable lectures on Baptismal fonts throughout history too!

A quiet weekend here, the kiddiewinks are spending the day at Grandma’s and Grandpa’s today and then it’s school mass tomorrow and then home for a relaxing Sunday afternoon.

Have a great weekend whatever your plans and whatever the weather!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

20 comments:

Denise said...

Be Happy is adorable. Love the charms. Wish we could trade places for a bit - we haven't had a good rain in months. Very hot here. Hope your laundry dries quickly. lol

Sally said...

Be Happy is so cute and I love your progress on Sophie's Roses.

It's nice to see the sun today and no rain ( yet!).

Heather said...

I really love Be Happy. It is so cheerful!

And how I wish we could have some of your rain. It is sooo hot here in Toronto. We haven't had rain for ages. Although, I will admit, there is a quick thunderstorm outside right now, but it is already blowing over.

Gracie said...

Love them both!

♥ Nia said...

Be happy is so pretty!! Lovely stitching :)

Michelle said...

I love all your finishes Elisa so pretty. When will this rain stop eh - driving me crazy xx

Kathy A. said...

Oh so sorry that it has been so soggy. Here all the grass is brown and we are hoping for rain.
Your stitches are beautiful. Love the little bee.

Solstitches said...

Gorgeous stitching Elisa. I especially love Sophie's Roses.
Margaret

Devon said...

Those are so cute,,I love shepherds bush,,sorry to hear about all the rain,,hopefully the sun will stay around for a while.
Devon

Kate said...

Be Happy is so lovely, nice progress on your SB piece too. It's all soggy with us too - just horrid.

Anonymous said...

Be Happy is lovely and Sophies Roses is so pretty. I like your choice of thread.

Julie said...

Sopjhir's Risescis beautiful, love the little finish too.

Karen said...

Your finish is cute! Sure wish you could send rain to the southern US.... you can keep the humidity however!

happy stitching... and hope the sun stays out!

Catherine said...

Great projects! Your class sounds very interesting ~ how fun that you were able to handle and see all of those things!

Lesleyanne said...

Be Happy is a gorgeous finish and Sophie Roses looks great. I too am fed up with all the rain.

Dawn said...

Love the SB pieces, very beautiful!

Stitchabilities said...

Yes it has been a tad wet here too.
Lovely stitching

Andrea said...

Congratulations on 2 lovely finishes.
Doesn't look good this week either!

Angela said...

I love the Bee Happy finish, it's adorable and makes me smile. We could use a little rain here, it's been so incredibly hot and dry.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching.