Monday, 6 August 2012

The Week That Was…

…a week I did manage some stitching I can share…firstly I wanted a quick stitch for my August ornament as I have some birthday gift stitching to do this month, so I opted for this little treasure…

411396_10150964426677167_1976347825_o

It’s the 2011 Christmas freebie design from Carol at iStitch, stitched on 32c Murano Vanilla with DMC threads. I will make this into a little hanging pillow ornie I think.

My second finish is this…a wedding sampler for my friends..

616161_10150962323392167_615240174_o

Make It Personal ‘Joined in Marriage’ – Lizzie*Kate

32c Light Mocha Linen

GAST threads

I wanted something simple and non frilly for them, I will make this into a long pillow I think.

Now wait…don’t faint…more stitching to show…..my WIP on CCN Sheep in the Meadow…

616191_10150962324902167_40558499_o

…as you can see I have been making friends with green…lol…still more green to go!

A little crochet on the throw has happened too…but no picture as yet!

I decided that I wanted to organise my thread collections which are all in floss bags…but I had nowhere to put them….so a nice shopping trip on Thursday afternoon occurred and these came home with me…

IMAG1010

I spent most of Friday organising everything and now I have everything to hand….

412482_10150962325462167_610855815_o

I also found this…..well it just had to be bought…lol!

IMAG1009

and these…..I have a love of candles…but a habit of never lighting them…but I am pleased to announce I lit these and look there is the proof for you all…they smell absolutely beautiful too!

IMAG1012

Finally..I was baking the other day and wondered where my new oven gloves had gone…..and here is where they went…someone though they made great shoes…lol

IMAG1006IMAG1007

Thanks for visiting my blog today and thank you for all your kind comments…I really appreciate them all!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh bless Miss Martha - they do look good though. Love all your photos. You have a basket thing like me! Love the way you have organised your threads. They look really good x

Solstitches said...

Oh that picture of Martha in her new shoes is priceless :)
Lovely stitching on the WIPS. I'm stitching with a lot of green at present also.
Love the new storage baskets and the basket for your smalls is lovely.
Margaret

Anonymous said...

LOL...Martha's new shoes are fantastic. You can't use her shoes as oven gloves!!!
Love your stiching. Congrats on your finishes. The wedding sampler is such a gorgeous gift.
Sheep in the Meadow is just lovely too.

Julie said...

Flippers! Great idea Martha. They make good rabbit ears in a game too lol.
Lots of lovely stitching.

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your blog is so lovely!
Your ornament finish and wedding sampler finish are so lovely.
Those drawers are great they look really good.
Your daughter looks so sweet wearing your oven gloves!
Happy stitching!

Angela said...

Love Martha's new slippers! Lovely ornament stitch :) The new storage baskets look like a wonderful idea!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I like your storage baskets, how many bags can each one hold? All my DMC are in floss-a-way bags on rings in a big paper carrier bag but your storage looks so much nicer!
I love Martha's slippers too!

Catherine said...

Great stitches and I love your display of all your sorted goodies.
How funny about your oven mitts!!! She's so cute!!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching live the oven shoes

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just had a look around your blog.

Your stitching is lovely!
Love your ornament and wedding sampler finishes.
Also I love your crochet blanket and your little ones are very sweet.

Chris said...

Lovely stitching, that wedding sampler will be loved I am sure. And your new basket and basket drawers are very nice, a super good buy. Martha looks so grown up in her new shoes!!lOL I love her dress too.
Chris xx

Carol R said...

Love Martha's new shoes!
Also love your version of my 2011 Christmas freebie - I look forward to seeing your final finish of this.

Anne said...

Lovely stitching Elisa!! I like your new wicker drawers for organizing and your pretty basket! Perfect place to display your smalls!